In the forals of Santa Cruz da Vilariça, in the Inquirições of 1258 and, later in the Foral of Vila Flor, there is a reference to “Lodones”. It was through some experts in the field that it was discovered that the name of this village is due to the Lodão tree existing in the area. Castro de S. Pedro, a fortified village overlooking the Vilariça Valley, has signs of Romanisation; at its base are numerous remains of the Roman habitat of S. Pedro.
From the religious heritage, the Church of São Tiago, baroque from the end of the century, stands out. XVIII. The Chapel of Nossa Senhora do Rosário, located in the center of the village, is late Romanesque, 17th century. XVI.